How to Use This Tool
Import an image by dragging and dropping from your computer, or clicking and selecting one in the dialog box. JPEG/JPG/JPE, PNG and GIF formats are supported. If your browser is not supported, try another browser or use the older Classic version of the tool.1
You can also use an image URL or Data URI scheme.2
Select the area you want to convert into a pattern, then click OK. An Auto-Resize option is also available, but please note that this ignores the aspect ration of the source image.3
There are some advanced options such as specifying palette colours and grid sizes and setting the maximum number of colours to use. Once you're happy with the settings, click Convert.4
Once conversion is complete, your image will be displayed as a grid pattern, with button controls for various view options. The converted image will be saved until you click the Clear button, even if you close the browser window.5
Hints & Tips
- You'll get better results if you crop your image in advance to focus on the part you need, and reduce the number of colours used if possible.
- If you want a particular colour but it isn't surviving the conversion process, try filling the background of the image in with that colour beforehand to force it through.
- This tool is designed to assist you in drawing patterns in the game, and as such, it does not support QR Code output.
- The Classic version of the tool is provided for those users who are more used to the older version.
- Google Chrome 7 ～
- Firefox 4 ～
- Internet Explorer 10 ～
- Opera 12 ～ (Mac version not supported due to API bug)
- Safari 6 ～
The Animal Crossing: New Leaf Custom Design Assistant is provided free of charge by nanoway. nanoway assumes no responsibility for data loss or any other issues arising from the use of this tool. Use at your own risk.
Use an image (including data URI schemes) from the web. Images cannot be sourced from pages requiring authentication or access credentials.
- Choose Image